Sunday, April 2, 2017

What It Takes To Become A Mechanical Engineer

By: Alex Vu


This week I decided to look more in depth into my major of mechanical engineering, exploring the financial aspects and as well as where are needed most.  On average the median annual salary for mechanical engineering in the United States was $83,000 in 2014.  From the year 2012-2022 they only expect the wages as well as number of jobs to only increase by 5 percent.  The biggest increase in jobs by percentage is located on the west coast of the United States averages out to around 19 percent per state.

I also wanted to look at what the road to a mechanical engineering degree looks like and what kind of degrees I would have to achieve. 

Step 1: Get a bachelor degree in mechanical engineering ( 5-6 years)
Step 2: Earn an Engineering License
Step 3( optional): Become certified in engineering

Although it is only three basic steps into becoming an engineer, there are also hundreds of different paths you can take to getting there.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the visual that you added in here! It was also very interesting to hear more about what it takes to become a mechanical engineer since this isn't something I hear about regularly. I liked how you narrowed it down in a three step process to highlight the main points.

    ReplyDelete