Sunday, April 2, 2017

Prompt#8 The serious difference between the theory and the fact

Weiyu Li

As an international student, I finished my high school in China. During my time in high school, I attend the China Adolescents Science & Technology Innovation Contest. With the experience of making the unpowered planes, I started to know that there are big differences between the theory and the fact.

Firstly,we designed the blueprint of our unpowered plane. We always tried the plane with long and wide wings like we calculated before. However, the long and the wide wings made the wings heavy, the parts which connect the wings and the body of the plane support too large force, which makes the plane not so firm.

Secondly, the fact includes the fund. For example, the plane we made needs the material named carbon fiber. We found a factory which makes the products of carbon fiber professionally. In fact, the price of that really out of our expect. It's about 6000 CYN per square meter which about 900 dollars.

Lastly, the experiments usually happens out of plans. The planes land out of the range, the weather affects the time of raising our of the atmosphere and the data collecting work is hard during the plane flying. The GPS lost connection with the control base which was supposed to work well. The theory always shows us the maximum of the nice working of all kinds of things. We should think about that well when we are using that.




resource

1 comment:

  1. That's a very good experience to me, recently I am taking my EGR100 class, and we are doing solar car,also they are different type, but your post is really inspire me.

    ReplyDelete